Our school is using Lexia Reading Core5, a web-based reading program that provides the targeted practice and instruction students need to develop their reading skills.
As an added benefit, students can use Lexia Reading Core5 at home. Getting started is easy!
- Launch a web browser and go to lexiacore5.com.
- Create a bookmark for this web address or add it as a favorite.
- You will see a link to download Adobe Flash Player if you do not have it. Flash Player 11 or higher is required.
Note: iPad and iPad Mini users can download the Core5 app from the or .
- The first time you go to lexiacore5.com, you must set up your device: Allow or help your child to login. The username and password (above) is the same login they use at school.
- Click the Student/Parent button.
- Type in your teacher’s email and click the arrow button to continue.
- You will not have to set up again unless you delete the browser’s “cookie” files.
- Important! Please allow your child to work independently at his or her own pace. Provide encouragement, but don’t give away the answers!
- Please try to ensure an average of 20-30 minutes per session. We recommend that usage be kept to a reasonable level – not too short and not too long. Pre-K students may need shorter, more frequent usage (10-15 minutes daily).
Need more help getting started? Go to www.lexialearning.com .